Maximize gas mileage and power, and increase the overall lifespan of your vehicle, with regular tune ups at American Tire and Service in Rio Rancho. Most vehicles should have a tune up at least every 30,000 miles or every two years, depending on the age and mileage of the car. A tune up makes sure that often overlooked “little things” work correctly and get replaced if needed.
Here’s what’s included in a vehicle tune-up:
- Replace the fuel filter. Filters get clogged with particles and it can decrease the car’s fuel efficiency and power.
- Replace the spark plugs and check the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts; if they’re worn, we’ll recommend replacement.
- Replace the distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come these items, but if you have them, we can replace them if they’re needed.
- Check the ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing for efficiency.
- Make needed adjustments to valves and check or replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Belts are an important part of the tune up. We check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear. Worn belts can break and leave a driver stranded.
- Check all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Check and adjust the clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Service the battery including cleaning the cables and terminals, and adding distilled water, if needed.
The tune up process and service needed can vary from car to car, as well as based on how many miles your drive or how long it’s been since your last tune up service. Prices may also vary based on your vehicle and selected services.
For your next tune up, email, call, or come down to the shop and set up an appointment for a tune up at American Tire and Service in Rio Rancho.
Call American Tire and Service at 505-891-8951 to schedule auto repair services in Rio Rancho, Corrales, Bernalillo, and the surrounding Albuquerque area.
How Can We Help You?
4520 Arrowhead Ridge Dr
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
HWY 528 near Ridgecrest
M-F 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
Sat 7:30 a.m. 3:30 p.m.