At American Tire and Service in Rio Rancho, our ASE-certified mechanics can help when your transmission is slipping, needs to be flushed or rebuilt. The automatic transmission contains multiple systems, including mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and computer controls, all working together to power the engine and drive the wheels. With so many parts that must work together properly, your transmission may need special attention.
Transmission maintenance leads to a longer vehicle life. Typically, problems that happen with the transmission are caused from overheating. Overheating may originate from stop-and-go traffic, heavy towing, struggling in the snow, hot weather, and high speed driving. At higher temperatures the transmission fluid burns faster and your vehicle loses lubrication; deposits left inside the transmission also increase. At American Tire and Service, we recommend that you schedule transmission service with one of our qualified technicians as soon as you suspect your vehicle has a transmission problem.
To prevent your transmission from being damaged:
- Check your parking space regularly to look for signs your car is leaking. If you notice fluid deposits under your car, have one of our technicians inspect it right away.
- Check the transmission fluid levels and condition. Change it when necessary.
- Make sure you use the correct transmission fluid as specified in your owner’s manual.
- Make sure to stop your vehicle before shifting into reverse or park.
- Always press the brake pedal down when shifting out of park.
- Ensuring the health of your transmission will help increase your vehicle’s lifespan, as well as save money on costly repairs, ensure smooth shifting, extend your transmission fluid’s life, and help prevent leaks.
When you schedule vehicle service, explain any problems in as much detail as possible to our technicians at American Tire and Service to help us diagnose and resolve transmission problems efficiently and accurately.
Call American Tire and Service at 505-891-8951 to schedule auto repair services in Rio Rancho, Corrales, Bernalillo, and the surrounding Albuquerque area.
How Can We Help You?
"*" indicates required fields
4520 Arrowhead Ridge Dr
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
HWY 528 near Ridgecrest
M-F 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
Sat 7:30 a.m. 3:30 p.m.